SAP Infrastructure Lead Architect
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
SAP Infrastructure Lead Architect
- Maintain a Project Roadmap for the specific vertical in support of business change projects
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for Company projects
- Maintain documentation of operational support processes for the systems supported by specific team; automate repetitive processes wherever possible
- Define and develop sustainable, relevant metrics that demonstrate system availability, transaction/work throughput, business benefits achieved, and/or quality improvement
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
- Contribute to Team success
- Development of a Center of Excellence in SAP, Database & Application Infrastructure Technologies leveraging both direct and in-direct resources that will be leveraged by Company for rapid acquisition integration
- Promote and support individual team member development through participating in coaching, counseling and mentoring activities.
- Acknowledge and resolve user and system-generated production issues (Incidents) for assigned applications within established SLOs
- Ensure utilization of resources, effective time management practices and appropriate escalations.
- Implement appropriate level of monitoring and automation for proactive support. Play second and third level of support role for related incidents
- Conduct capacity and operational planning of related software, Middleware and databases.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field or the equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture. SAP Basis experience is required.
- Expert level knowledge of SAP technologies and related tools and systems development methods
- Broad experience supporting software applications and infrastructure, with heavy emphasis on:
- SAP software modules and deep understanding of Basis technologies
- Process integration (PI), Java administration, SSO, Software Upgrade Manager (SUM), Solution Manager, Fiori and BOBJ BI Platform.
- Database and Middleware infrastructure experience including HANA implementation
- Workload automation, quality assurance and operational sustainability
- Complying with Company security, promoting standards and leveraging appropriate methods
- Key business applications include SAP ECC, BW On HANA, BOBJ, PI, JDA supply Chain modules and growing number of purpose specific software hosted on various databases.
- Familiarity with integration and ETL technologies for designing and supporting interface architecture.
- Experience in managing and leading virtual, cross-functional teams including requirements definition, design documentation, project plans and solution delivery
- Demonstrated, strong understanding of IT architecture/engineering, system sustainability, system development life cycle and structured analytical/diagnostic skills
- Thorough knowledge of SAP software, HANA database as well as working experience of Oracle and SQL Server as well as related tools and technologies
- Strong familiarity of Hardware options and OS environment - Unix, Linux, VMware and Windows
- Familiarity with Middleware, integration and web technologies. Working with SAP technologies, Java Application Servers and Web Technologies
- Common Scripting languages in Windows, Unix and Linux environment