Field Maintenance Technician II-Perm, Pleasanton,CA
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by ETC
Maintenance Technician II (ACTC)
The role of the Field Maintenance Technician is critical to achieving overall company objectives. The incumbent will serve as a team member of the service maintenance organization. They will proactively and responsively deliver field service and maintenance repair on ALL toll collection equipment owned and/or operated by the Toll Way. The overall objective is to maintain equipment so that its functionality is optimized at all times resulting in no adverse impact on traffic flow and/or revenue collection.
Field support of configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Toll Collection Equipment including but not limited to:
- Lane Controllers
- Violation Enforcement System (Controller, Lighting, and Cameras)
- Automatic Vehicle Identification System (RF Transponders)
- Transaction Indicators
- Automatic Vehicle Classification (Loops, Treadles, and Optical Separators)
- Local and Wide area network equipment
- Other task assignments as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Works in extreme weather conditions under general direction with assigned resources to plan, organize, and deliver exceptional field service in a manger that meets or exceeds established service metrics.
- Will monitor system performance both on-site and remotely to ensure performance is maintained and optimized within system specifications.
- Expected to maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior, strong customer advocacy skills and professional integrity at all times.
- Provide responsive field and remote service for all ORT and Non-ORT equipment.
- Works on a rotation on-call schedule to ensure after-hours support is maintained at all times.
- Completes routine preventative maintenance on all equipment as defined within the service level agreement.
- Maintains timely and accurate service records through the HEAT service ticketing system on a daily basis.
- Develops technical and product knowledge through various forma/informal training and on-the-job experience.
- Properly maintains company provided resources such as, service vehicle, computer, equipment and tools.
- 24/7 on-call experience in a mission critical environment desired.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Able to do overhead work by way of man-lifts or ladder useage.
- 2-3 years maintenance experience of critical large scale systems.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- Ability to regularly lift at least 50lbs
- Maintenance experience in one of the following areas desired:
- Toll collection systems
- PC/Server Service
- RFID System Service
- Security and Surveillance System Service
- Experience with Work Order based maintenance
AA degree in Computer Electronics or equivalent related job experience.