Senior Optical Scientist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Experis IT
Senior Optical Scientist- £45,000-50,000- Worcestershire
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and Senior Optical Scientist with a Laser background to work for a leading Defense and Security consultancy based in Malvern.
You will be a part of the Laser and Optics Sensors team within Applied Science and will be actively involved in developing sensors for use in products, research projects and development of bespoke solutions for novel applications.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Defense & engineering business with excellent career progression.
Whats on offer?
- Salary up to £50,000
- Great career progression working within a leading Defense & Technology business
- Generous benefits package (Flexible Working Hours, Pension Scheme, Child Care Vouchers)
- Assist in delivery of product, development and research programmes
- Develop existing optical remote sensing technologies and conceive of new ones to solve customer problems
- Identify and develop business opportunities with the team and independently
- Write technical content of proposals/bids/white papers
- Lead customer demonstrations, presentations, and troubleshooting activities some of which will be overseas
Qualification/Skills & Attributes:
- Physics degree is desired
- Wave/particle nature of light, Lasers and the significance of temporal and spatial coherence.
- Knowledge of at least one optical detection technique (eg direct detection, coherent detection, photon counting)
- Implementing different active optical remote sensing modalities (eg rangefinding, 3D imaging, velocimetry, vibrometry, anemometry, DIAL, comms, retro-comms)
- Basic signal processing
If you would like to be considered for the position please submit an application or contact Sarah Kesaulija.