Desktop Support Analyst
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Harvey Nash Plc
Your journey will begin with three months expenses covered training in London to familiarise you with the required tech before you move on to the immersive and bustling financial world of banking in Zuid-Amsterdam.
There, you will be the reliable point of contact for traders during trade hours, and monitor the trading system architecture in the fast paced environment. As a committed team member, you will provide input to successful service improvements to help the traders excel.
What you will do
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to minimise disruption during trading hours.
- Resolve faults passed on locally, including hot-swap services to rectify hardware faults whilst ensuring minimum downtime.
- Working pro-actively to improve the service provided to the client.
- Balance and prioritise activities within the busy support environment.
- Ensure action within agreed SLA's.
- Have a clear approach to problem identification and analysis, and seeking solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years Trading Support experience in Financial Markets on-floor environment.
- An outstanding work ethic with the flexibility to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage with colleagues and customers at a variety of levels.
- A robust attitude in difficult situations and a tactful approach to clients.
- Confident knowledge of Financial Markets trading systems and market data systems.
- Practical knowledge of trading floor support's key infrastructure.
- Disciplined time management.
- Commitment to out of hours and potential weekend work.
What you'll bring
- Strong communicator and ability to engage colleagues and customers at all levels
- Robust character able to deal with difficult situations and clients tactfully but firmly
- Analysis and Solutions seeking with a clear approach to problem identification and analysis
- A structured approach to work, self-organised and adaptable to varying demands in workload
- Able to prioritise workload, ensuring actioned within agreed SLA's
- Disciplined with good time management and takes responsibility for decisions
- Minimum of 2 years Trading Support experience in Financial Markets on-floor environment
- Good working knowledge of Financial Markets trading applications systems and market data systems
- Good working knowledge of key infrastructure supporting the trading floors
- Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to Back Office)
- Monitoring to support application service availability
- Front Office support experience - understanding trade capture, risk and trade stores
The following Infrastructure Desktop based Technical skill sets are required:
- Voice, Dealer board IPC and Speaker bus
- Market Data applications, including FactSet, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, Reuters FXT, Brokertec, ICAP, Trinitec, Wall Street,
- Trading Exchangetechnology and indices, Market Announcement principles
- Microsoft technologies, Active Directory, Desktop security and windows policy, Networking essentials
- Mobility solutions and remote working solutions, Blackberry and BES Enterprise and Ad min
- Trader Desktop hardware configuration, Resilient and hosted desktop environments
- Ticket management experience, such as Jira I ServiceNow