Electrical & Controls Engineer
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Due to rapid growth my client is currently have a position available for a control engineer to work on plant deployment and in service support.
- Development and implementation of software/hardware upgrades for in-service plant.
- Support integration of plant on site and connection with client services (DCS, site safety systems, etc).
- Development and execution of control system test plans (loop test, IO checking).
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- PLC software fault finding and modification.
- Providing and maintaining the interface between the design team and the commissioning team. The successful candidate will report to the design team lead engineer but be seconded into the commissioning team.
- This position will involve site work in the UK and overseas, travel may at times be required at short notice.
- Time served engineer experienced in the development/modification of PLC based automation systems.
- Ability to work from electrical schematics.
- A full UK driving licence
- Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300, S7-1200 and S7-1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
- Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems - Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
- Experience with the commissioning of transformer, rectifier or compressor systems.
- Experience with hazardous area installations - ATEX.
- BS 7671/IEC 60364.