Senior Commercial Manager
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Experis IT
Senior Commercial Manager - Contract Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager
Basingstoke - £65,000 - £70,000 + car allownce + benefits (including possible opportunities for flexible working arrangements)
You must either currently hold DV Clearance or at least be elligible to go throguh DV Clearance.
My client, a well-known Systems Integrator, are looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Manager to join their Commercial team within their Defence and National Security Business Unit, based out in Basingstoke.
You will be expected to build strong working relationships with their Account Team and external customer/partner representatives and be responsible for:
- managing the team of Commercial Managers supporting this business
- leading on the maintenance of contractual integrity and legal compliance;
- managing the contracting parties' compliance with their obligations;
- structuring, and negotiating, complex and high risk new business deals;
- managing change;
- providing thought leadership on the management of all aspects of risk;
- management of claims and disputes; and
- enhancement of the contract management process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- You will be DV cleared
You should have a proven track record of contract management at a senior level with a strong relationship background and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Degree qualified in business or similar academic qualification
- Strong commercial and business leadership experience
- Demonstrable ability to successfully conduct complex commercial contractual negotiations with customers and partners
- Proven ability to understand and manage commercial risk and develop risk mitigation strategies, helping the business devise sensible steps to address through effective contract and delivery management
- Strong commercial acumen with extensive understanding of contract law and service/outsourcing contracts
- Strong attention to detail and personal planning and organisation with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and challenges based on business impact and risk
If you feel you have the pre-requisite skills for this position, please click 'apply' in the first instance and one of the Experis team will be in touch.