Office Administrative Assistant
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Parallel Technologies
Parallel Technologies has a proven track record of providing efficient and integrated solutions for Intelligent Buildings and Data Centers. Parallel is customer focused, high energy, fun, and has a fast paced environment. Join our Building Automation team, a collaborative group of individuals with utmost integrity and dedication. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team!
The ideal Administrative Assistant would need to be extremely organized, energetic and willing to be flexible with a variety of duties. This person will work closely with the Operations Manager and Project Coordinator, performing daily office maintenance and tasks as assigned.
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
• Receive in mail and distribute as necessary
• Receive in packages and update receipt in computer system.
• Keep warehouse orderly
• Provide general support to visitors
• Complete tasks as assigned by Operations Manager and Project Coordinator.
• Schedule travel arrangements
• Monitor and maintain office equipment; repair or replace malfunctioning equipment and hire technicians when required
• Monitor office supplies; order and re-stock as needed
• Ensure office is kept clean and organized at all times
• Create projects on internal software
• Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team building activities or special projects
• Help prepare reports, presentations, and data
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
• Professional demeanor
• Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
Salary description: Hourly + Benefits
Employment Status: Part Time, preferably 12pm-4pm with flexibility
Parallel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer