Project Manager - Physical Security
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Parallel Technologies
This job entails providing the necessary leadership through planning, directing, organizing, and coordinating all project activity to achieve expected outcomes. This means maximizing resource productivity and material delivery coordination. The Project Manager will communicate project status to internal and external stake holders on a regular basis. The goal of this position is to bring projects in at or below projected costs, while striving to exceed clients expectations.
Typically requires 3 to 5 years of applicable experience. Requires working knowledge of Access Control, Video Surveillance and Low Voltage Cabling Systems, Microsoft Office, Project, and the ability to read blueprints.
- Set and manage project goals and objectives of project and field personnel.
- Analyze and monitor efficiency / productivity of the projects to ensure proper utilization of resources.
- Comfortable managing large projects for significant clients and projects that are high revenue or complex in nature.
- Delegate appropriately to key team resources while still ensuring that projects are delivered on-time and at or under projected budget.
- Ensure quality of deliverable to client, meeting or exceeding expectations, as well as satisfying all project goals and due dates.
- Active involvement in managing account to discover new business opportunities. Also support business development activities and proposal creation when needed.
- Manage the execution of all components of approved project plan, including ongoing risk assessment, coordination and management of all project deliverables and timeline, vendor coordination, development and execution of a test plan, budget control and project cost reporting.
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate on both a customer and management level.
- High degree of motivation, self-direction, commitment and integrity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong team orientation.
- 3-5 plus years of Project Management experience.
- Experience managing one or more infrastructure areas: access control, surveillance, cabling and networking or remote national deployments is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in management, technology or related field.
- Ability to travel between 20-30% at various times throughout the year.
- Experience in project management methodologies and tools, project planning and design, project tracking, resource management, and change management.
- Must have competency with project management packages (e.g. MS Project).Travel to clients in metro area, limited national travel.
Parallel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.