Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Datasource Computer Employment
Job Role: Contracts Negotiator
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 18 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Cleared
Contracts Negotiator - Fixed Term Contract - Hampshire - Excellent - SC Cleared
Responsible for contracts management of development and production contracts. Contracts are typically of a high value with critical schedules involving levels of complexity and contract change activity
The post holder serves as a primary commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes. Is required to have the ability to write and negotiate unique contract language and make business decisions involving legal, financial and programmatic issues.
The post holder may be expected to supervise a number of Contracts professionals, agency staff and ITs and has direct responsibility for coaching and giving advice. Alternatively, the post holder may have full responsibility for a major programme of significant value and complexity.
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control of the sessions
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
- Lead Negotiator on Terms and Conditions for non-standard agreements providing innovative and creative solutions as necessary
- Resolves difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach
- Understand and apply complex innovative Contract Models
- Ensures Terms and Conditions compliance on assigned programmes, including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers and general overview of team member contracts
- Independently define all risks, and create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advise relevant to assigned and Teams agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close in a complete and timely manner
- Keep team leads and/or managers (as appropriate) appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Is main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation
- Leads the issue and analysis of RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria selections
- Leads evaluation of multiple contract packages
- Facilitates supplier identification
- Leads vetting of responses
- Make recommendations to team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection
- Is able to improve the standards for proposals/ITTs
- Gets other related disciplines involved and co-operating for the successful conclusion of the process
- Recognised as a facility resource representing the function at all levels within the organisation and external interfaces
- Positively influences analysis, planning and negotiation strategy
- The post holder works on own initiative with minimal management supervision
- Reports to either Team Leads or Manager as appropriate
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.