Senior/Principal Consultant/Air Traffic Manager
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Datasource Computer Employment
Job Role: Senior Safety Consultant
Salary/Rate: Competitive Salary
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or Willing to Undergo
Senior Safety Consultant - Permanent - Hampshire- Competitive Salary - SC or Willing to Undergo
- Successful delivery of safety projects.
- Development of successful safety proposals to solve technical challenges for clients.
- Managing and mentoring others to deliver results.
- Ensuring that the commercial risk to the company from the projects undertaken is minimised and well managed.
- Working with all stakeholders to deliver projects to time, cost and client satisfaction.
- Experience in safety analysis and safety management in non ATM domain activities.
- Able to understand and apply risk financial and commercial management processes.
- Able to develop technical and financial bids in response to invitation to tender documents and for those bids to follow through to successful projects.
- Experience in the broader aviation domain.
- Formal qualification as an Independent Safety Auditor.
- Practical experience in software safety analysis tools and techniques (eg IEC 61508, ED-153, ED12C/O-178C, ED-109A/DO278A).
- Experience of consultancy selling to external clients.
- Knowledge and experience of the civil and military regulatory environments for Air Traffic Management (ATM).
Knowledge of safety within the ATM domain, either:
- Civil ATM including the EUROCONTROL Safety Assessment Methodology, the EUROCONTROL Safety Regulatory Requirements and the Single European Skies legislation; and/or
- Military ATM/Air Defence, including the application of Def Stan 00-56, Project-Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS), JSP454, and the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications.
- Knowledge and experience of the totality of people, procedures and equipment (both hardware and software) in the ATM context and to be able to manage safety activities and develop safety assurance arguments for each element.
- An awareness of the following and their relevance to safety management: HASAWA, relevant MAA regulatory publications, IEC 61508, ED-153, ED12C/DO 178C, ED-109A/DO278A, JSP 454.
- Able to develop, apply and explain safety methodologies
- Knowledge of safety argument structures and methods utilised in Safety Cases and Safety Assessments together with supporting analysis techniques methods such as Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, Hazard Identification, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Understand the ALARP concept and how ALARP arguments are made
- Understand the relevance of Human Factors to operational safety and be able to integrate HF considerations into safety activities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Able to write clear, coherent documentation using MS Office
- Able to present ideas clearly and persuasively to an audience, enabling knowledge transfer.
- Able to lead other staff in the successful delivery of a project.
- Able to understand and apply company project management processes.
- An awareness of financial and commercial management
- Able to work both independently and in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide technical leadership to others and contribute to thought leadership in the business.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.