Cardiac Sonography Technologist - Echo Cardiology
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
Performsdiagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics inaccordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with thepolicies, values, and mission of the organization.
AtUCHealth, we do things differently
Webelieve in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. Inbig ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those weserve. As Colorado's largest and mostinnovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to providethe best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster atrue human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. Acareer at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
* Reviewspatient history and physician's orders.
* Educatespatient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient'sunderstanding and cooperation.
* Whenordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scopeof practice.
* Monitorspatient condition continually and reports changes in status asappropriate.
* Graduateof an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographerprogram.
* Registeredas a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), Vascular Technologist (RVT), orDiagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for DiagnosticMedical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) byCardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or as a Technologist (RT) bythe American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). State licensure ifrequired by law.
* BLSthrough the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for theProfessional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixtydays of hire. All life supportcertification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross forthe Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to bethrough an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Goingbeyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive andintellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us,that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what isright, not what is easy. We supportcreativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualitieswithin ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure yougrow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potentialhere.
Be Extraordinary. JoinUs Today!
UCHealthrecognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equalemployment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunityemployer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based onvalid requirements. No applicant shallbe discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment orotherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed,color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physicaldisability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, geneticinformation or veteran status. UCHealthdoes not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.