Cardiac Sonography Technologist
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
Department: MCR CV Lab ()
* PRN (FTE must be 0) - variable
* Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
* Certification Required
* Licensure Required
* Experience is required
AtUCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: afocus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist toimprove the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. AsColorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliveron the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients andtheir families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedomto live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's apassion.
CardiacSonography Technologist - MCR CV Lab
* Performs diagnostic procedures to assesscardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope andstandards of practice.
* This position provides PRN support formultiple hospitals and outreach locations. Strong Vascular skill set ableto assist with accreditation criteria
* Reviews patient history and physician'sorders.
* Educates patient regarding procedures,equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* When ordered, prepares and administerscontrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
* Monitors patient condition continuallyand reports changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepares equipment and supplies.
* Selects appropriate exposure factors andimaging parameters.
* Implements safety standards and performsappropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
* Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reportsequipment malfunctions as necessary.
* Performs echocardiography procedures onpatients; selects and utilizes various transducers according to anatomy;differentiates normal and abnormal structures and directs the examappropriately; assures that sufficient information has been acquired to providediagnosis.
* Analyzes results and identifies issueswith the quality of imaging results.
* Enters, transmits and reports scanresults.
* Graduate of an accredited UltrasoundTechnologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
* Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) bythe American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or RegisteredCardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
* BLS through the American HeartAssociation or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer withcard in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixtydays of hire.
Going beyond quality requires theperfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We arelooking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what iseasy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us canfind the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll doeverything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career.There's no limits to your potential here.
BeExtraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents andperspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer ourinstitution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on validrequirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in anyterms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminatedagainst because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender,national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information orveteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any"qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under theAmericans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, whenthey do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.