Invasive Cardiac Technologist - Cardiac Cath Lab - FT Days
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
UCHealthis a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We arecommitted to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination oftalent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturallygravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery --ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state ofmind.
Summary- Invasive Cardiac Technologist
Assistsin imaging and interventional procedures to diagnose and treat cardiovascularconditions in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice andwith the policies, values, and mission of theorganization.
* Oneto two years of experience scrubbing cardiac, peripheral, and neuro invasiveprocedures or combination of these.
* RCISand RT welcome to apply.
* Flexibilityis important.
* Callrequirements include 1-2 shifts 1730 - 0700 throughout the week and one weekendFriday pm 1730 to Monday am 0700 - every 4th weekend and includesrotating holiday call.
* Preparespatients for procedures by reviewing medical history, draping and positioningthe patient, preparing procedural/testing sites and administering contrast mediaand/or medications within scope of practice.
* Assistsphysician with performing diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures,including cardiac catheterizations. Performs imaging procedures includingechocardiography and fluoroscopy.
* Analyzesresults and takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues. Monitorspatient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status asappropriate.
* Preparesequipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imagingparameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality controlprocedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipmentmalfunctions as necessary.
* Associate'sdegree in health-related field.
* RCES,RCIS or ARRT(RT) certification within 2 years of hire.
* BLSthrough the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for theProfessional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card mustbe good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must beissued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPRfor the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescueris only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an AmericanHeart Association sanctioned course.)
* ACLSwithin 6 months of hire
Withaward-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range,University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative healthsystem. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finestcommunity health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offerour employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, exceptthose you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discoveryand their commitment to improving patients' lives.
JoinUs. Together We Improve lives.
TheUniversity of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizesand appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employmentand diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equalopportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisionsbased on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in anyterms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminatedagainst because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender,national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealthdoes not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations, when they do not impose an unduehardship on the organization.