Chief Information Technology Officer (CIO)/Vice President
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
The Vice President/Chief Information Officer (CIO) has ultimate responsibility for information systems and functions within Southwest General Health Center and serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. He/she is responsible for all operations of the organizations computer systems, networks, programs, infrastructure, help-desk support, databases, and other technologies.
Bachelor's Degree with commensurate executive level experience.
Advanced degree is highly preferred.
Required length and type of experience:
Minimum of 10 years' experience in a senior leadership role in a hospital or health system with focus on Information Technology.
Below are the duties and responsibilities for this position.
- Contributes to the planning and maintenance of the organizations data .technology operations, including computer hardware, software, and telecommunication.
- Participates in the evaluation, development, and recommendation of solutions specific that will positively impact the organizations operations.
- Develops policies governing information security and business continuance.
- Monitors the needs of the organization technology and collaborates with senior leadership team to ensure technological needs of the organization are being met.
- Works with senior leadership team to develop technology plans, policies, and procedures in alignment with hospital goals and standards.
- Identifies and implements technological changes that will positively impact the organizations operations.
- Establishes short- and long-term strategies related to the organizations information management and processing systems, including computers and peripherals, hardware, software, or networks.
- Strong project management and performance measurement; detail-oriented with ability to oversee many projects from origin to execution.