Data Architect - Financial Services Sector (Dublin City)
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by E-Frontiers
I'm on the lookout for Data Architects to support the implementation of its Data Strategy and other data centric projects. Data Architects work with the Data Operations Function and Enterprise Architecture to develop an overall enterprise data architecture and unified data model, and work with project teams to ensure that their designs and implementations adhere to data architecture standards and best practices.
- Work with project teams to deliver solutions which are performant, scalable and in line with the Bank's overall data architecture
- Lead the design and support the delivery of the data centric elements of solutions - including data acquisition, storage, processing, reporting/analytics, and dissemination
- Develop appropriate data models for solutions which support the business requirements and align with the Bank's master data management framework
- Review designs and implementations for compliance with data architecture standards and best practices
- Identify elements of proposed designs or implementations which could limit scalability or impact supportability, and propose changes to address any issues
- Contribute to the development and refinement of data standards, design patterns, and best practices - with a particular focus on database and ETL performance and scalability
- Work with the Data Operations Function and business analytics teams on the development of an enterprise data architecture and unified data model
- Typically 5 years working in a similar role with a strong data architecture focus - ideally in a regulatory or financial services.
- Proven experience of Datamodelling, including developing logical and physical data models to support operational processes, entity models to support master data management, and dimensional modelling to support data warehousing and analytics;
- Knowledge of and experience with the Microsoft data stack, including SQL Server at a minimum, and ideally SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI;
- Advanced SQL knowledge, with a particular focus on query tuning and performance optimisation;
- Extensive experience designing and implementing ETL or data integration solutions, ideally with SSIS;
- Experience developing reports and analytical solutions using SSAS and SSRS/Power BI, or similar technologies;
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark would be an advantage, but is not essential;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and the ability to explain complex technical issues in plain language.
Call or Email (see below)
*Candidates must have a valid Stamp 4 visa or be an EU citizen*