Global Head of Virtual Studies
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Covance
Covance is searching for a Global Head of Virtual Studies. This new position will provide the overall strategic, organizational and operational leadership of virtual and hybrid studies in coordination with Covance's Clinical Development & Commercialization Services (CDCS), Covance Central Labs, LabCorp leaders as well as Covance support business groups (IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, and Commercial), to succeed with leading and executing the following functions and initiatives for Covance;
- Develop and establish a scalable platform to conduct hybrid (partial) and fully virtual clinical studies (interventional, non-interventional, drug, device, activity or procedure) that centers on creating efficiencies, controlling costs and increasing patient engagement.
- Establish a robust collaborative and engaged virtual study process between CDCS operations, Market Access Call Center, Covance Central Labs and LabCorp Patient Service Centers.
- Standardize the incorporation of electronic eligibility screening, electronic consent and enrollment, identity verification, mobile health technologies, electronic records and other "virtual" data sources and tools into virtual studies.
- Develop strategies for using virtual study approaches for approved products and for different phases of clinical development.
- Ensure virtual study design and associated technologies meet all required regulatory and quality standards to ensure compliance, data integrity and patient safety.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for conducting virtual studies in the Americas, EU and APAC regionally and globally.
- Develop with Marketing, Commercial and Sales robust messaging, pricing and client engagement for virtual studies.
- Raise the visibility of virtual studies internally and externally by presenting strategies, capabilities, case studies and writing white papers. Participate in industry forums, webinars and other relevant venues in partnership with clients.
- Engage and influence client partners on the value of conducting virtual clinical studies.
- Understand and communicate the patient perspective of the value of virtual clinical studies.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD, MD) preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of global business, pharma/CRO industry, consulting and operational experience
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a matrixed environment
- Broader level client relationships and business development experience
- Demonstrated vision, strategy, and growth experience