Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Covance
Excellent Opportunity in San Carlos, CA! We are looking for a motivated Facilities/Maintenance Technician to oversee the daily upkeep of our newest member of the Covance Family.
Do you have experience with general facilities and equipment maintence? Is so, then this is the job for you!
- Hands-on involvement in maintenance of all facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and/or enrolling the following in preventive maintenance programs for all equipment: boilers, autoclaves, washers, HVAC system, etc.; and maintaining all associated documentation
- Responsible for changing out lights and ballasts, patching holes, painting as necessary
- Responsible for the maintenance and/or enrolling the following in preventative maintenance programs of medical equipment (C-Arms, ultrasound, TEE, ICE, etc.), ORs, OR tables and other medical/surgical/laboratory equipment; and maintain all associated documentation
- Responsible for maintaining animal housing areas, including vents, drainage system (including maintenance of grinder and pump system), automatic watering system, light cycles, and environmental monitoring
- Provide support for standard office equipment, including phones, copiers, printers, computers, etc
- Responsible for maintenance of audiovisual system
- Report any malfunction of equipment and systems with direct and immediate impact on animals to Supervisor and Veterinary Staff
- Attend Management Meetings, provide weekly reports, status reports, etc. as needed
- Assists Director with equipment and budget planning, as well as inventory of supplies
- Responsible for the Metasys program; printing and reviewing reports.
- Maintain controlled access system
- Landscape duties of facility grounds as assigned
- Organizing outside areas, mezzanine, utility corridor, boiler area, etc.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent in related field and/or two years of related experience.
- Experience in a laboratory setting preferred
- Engineering experience specific to physical plant maintenance
- Knowledge of boilers and HVAC systems
- Knowledge/use of sanitation techniques, autoclaving, cage washing, chemical cleaning compounds, clean room concepts, and hazardous agent usage
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication and written skills