Supervisor I, Facilities Ops
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Covance
- Directly supervises clinical operation's facility staff.
- Monitors staff performance, develops and enacts corrective measures and provides feedback.
- Performs supervisory duties including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, intervention, discipline, and discharge of operations staff.
- Maintains a database of vendors for all services needed by the site, and serves as the primary vendor contact for the site.
- Obtains quotes and price comparisons for purchases or study proposals.
- Executes purchases from selected vendors by completing the appropriate corporate and/or site forms.
- Communicates site purchase information to the Accountant for accrual purposes.
- Work with the operational staff on each new study to ensure that all study supplies will be available on schedule and within the study budget.
- Work with the operational staff on each new study to create/obtain the study menu. Places orders with all food vendors and monitors quality of service by obtaining feedback from staff and study participants.
- Maintains calibration and maintenance records for all site equipment as required by company SOPs.
- Performs daily temperature checks for all facility temperature monitoring locations (sample freezers, drug refrigerators, drug storage rooms, etc).
- Oversee all OSHA/biohazard requirements at the site and serve as safety officer of site
- Provide general maintenance support to site and work directly with landlord on site improvements
- Ensure facility is maintained and kept clean on a routine basis per OSHA requirements.
- BA or BS degree.
- 3 years related experience in a related facilities role.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
- Additional experience may be substituted for education requirements.