Security Officer I-night shift
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Covance
Covance Inc., a global contract research organization (CRO), is the world's most comprehensive drug development company.
Security Officer I-Night shift 10pm-6am
Keeping our facility, associates and visitors safe and secure is one of our top priorities. Duties preformed but not limited to:
- Patrol campus and buildings, monitoring for conditions or situations which pose a risk to the safety/security of people and/or property or are in violation of company policy.
- Ensure the integrity and proper operating condition of all installed security system. Reports abnormal conditions to Supervisor.
- Brief and debrief other security staff to pass along pertinent business related information.
- Monitor PC based monitoring systems and electronic equipment at Security Station (e.g. Security Access Control System, CCTV, Environmental Management and Control systems, and the fire alarm systems.
- Document and maintain study-related data relating to environmental conditions for Environmental Monitoring Systems.
- Provide prompt notification to on-call technicians or administrative personnel to resolve any problems that may arise
- Monitor and maintain status of Fire Alarm panel and take appropriate action in response to alarms.
- Receive after business hour deliveries of packages and mail, document, and store appropriately.
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with company policy (e.g., medical, chemical spills, fire evacuations).
- Answer and relay incoming calls to personnel designated by the caller or by the nature of the inquiry without compromising company or employee confidentiality.
- After training work shift 10pm-6am, 2 weekends on, 1 off
- Requires High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and record information accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
- Demonstrated quality and customer service skills.
Preferred:Certification in 1St Aid, CPR and AEDExperience
- 1+ years experience in a Security related field preferred but not required,
- Completion of FEMA ISC 100, 200, 700 & 800 courses preferred but not required
- Certification in Compliance, Direction, Takedown (CDT) or equivalent, Tactical Communications (Verbal Judo) Certification or equivalent preferred but not required
- Completion of Police Science or Criminal Justice Associates Degree preferred but not required