Stationary Engineer / Power House Engineer
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Covance
Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®.
Safely and efficiently operates powerhouse equipment to ensure reliable utility supplies to campus buildings. Performs and helps facilitate completion of preventative/corrective maintenance for all plant equipment.
This is a 3rd shift position once fully trained will work 7-12 hour days on, and 7 DAYS OFF!.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain all systems related equipment such as boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, pumps, and deionized water production trains
- Utilize the Utility Monitoring System to monitor, control, and trend performance of plant equipment
- Complete preventive and corrective maintenance work orders.
- Provide back-up assistance for Waste Water Treatment Plant operations.
- Perform water chemistry laboratory analysis on plant systems and maintain proper chemical parameters
- Investigate and assist with abnormal facility conditions as needed after-hours.
- Follows all SOPs and helps to maintain a safe working environment
- Interact professionally with facility staff as well as customers.
- Assist shift leader (Stationary Engineer II) and Utilities Supervisor.
- During training/orientation to work (approx. 6-8 months) will work 4-10 hour shifts, rotating one month of day shift, one month of night shift
- Work schedule hours as necessary to support coverage of a 24/7 operation.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Boiler Operator certification
Ability to obtain "Universal" refrigerant usage certification per EPA Section 608Experience
3 years of experience in power plant, chilled water plant, or utility operations experience
Experience in a GxP environment is preferred.
Experience with computers, applications, and keyboarding
Engineering Laboratory Technician (ELT) encouraged to apply.