Senior Internal Auditor
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Senior Internal Auditor, under the leadership of the Audit Manager and supported by the Manger of Business Advisory & Audit Services and Director of Audit, will bring value-added services to the audit team in the form of recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiencies.
The Senior Internal Auditor will bring an understanding of financial reporting and controls, risk analysis and quantitative and analytical techniques to understand the Friedkin affiliated companies operating, financial and accounting systems.
The Senior Internal Auditor also must demonstrate strong project execution skills, sound decision making-skills; effective communication skills, and be comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels within an organization.
* Support internal audit operations within the Friedkin affiliated companies to ensure the integrity of financial operations, protect company assets and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operating and accounting controls.
* Plan and execute a variety of audit engagements, including operational reviews, financial and compliance audits and business process and control assessments.
* Identify audit exceptions, internal control weaknesses, inefficient practices and procedures, and recommend creative and effective corrective action.
* Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations and reasons for each apparent deficiency.
* Analyze findings by applying professional accounting and auditing principles, prepare comprehensive audit reports and work papers, schedules and summaries.
* Fully coordinate and communicate actions and audit report findings within the Friedkin affiliated companies and Audit Manager.
* Responsible for coordinating with the Audit Manager to ensure all work papers, memos, reports and narratives are complete and have been reviewed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance three to five years experience in auditing, public accounting audit experience desired.TRAVEL REQUIRED
Frequent travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled