AWS-Dev Ops Engineer III
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The DevOps Applications Engineer III, reporting to the Director, Dev Ops, will deliver solutions built by software developers to the AWS stack. You will contribute to the day-to-day operations of cloud and on-premise services, including design, implementation, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, systems administration, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, and routine update of services.
Listing of essential functions (In order of importance)
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure confidentiality, integrity, and availability
* Design, install, configure, test, maintain, and monitor infrastructure, software applications, managed services, containers, operating systems, and system management tools
* Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Provide second- and third-level support
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* Manage vendor relationships
* Manage multiple interconnected virtual environments, both on-site (Houston, Louisville) and off-site (AWS)
* Provide 24x7x365 operations support for IT services
* Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience requirements
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject and 8-10 years experience in the field or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, Config, CloudFront, VPC security configuration, and cost management
* Automation software (e.g., OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef)
* Building a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
* Installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux and Windows servers.
* Monitoring systems (Datadog)
* Experience with Agile development and methodologies
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: *
Professional or Specialty AWS Certifications are considered a plus for this position.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Is eligible to legally work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
CHI St. Luke's Health
CHI St. Luke's Health