Sr. Director Accounting & Finance
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Sr. Director Accounting & Finance, with a dual reporting structure to the President & the Chief Accounting Officer, is responsible for developing and overseeing the financial management of the company by providing financial projection, accounting services, growth plans, investor communications, budget analysis, forecasting needs, and investment strategy. The Sr. Director Accounting & Finance will offer quality, meaningful analyses and financial perspectives necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning.
This position will manage the team responsible for ensuring a timely and accurate execution of month-end close and work closely with other members of the executive team to develop strategy for the future of the company.
* Ensure that the organization has a comprehensive and well-documented process control environment, with well-evidenced process and system controls. Control environment should be agile enough to adapt to changing business needs, but comprehensive enough to discuss key business risks. Assess risk of control deficiencies identified, and coach BU leaders on prioritization and remediation of these control deficiencies.
* Display an understanding of key business drivers and the impact of these drivers on the financial results of the business unit with a long-term outlook (3-5 + years). Continually challenge these drivers, to ensure business is staying ahead of changes in the operating environment or market in which they operate. With this understanding, be able to anticipate impact of changes in the business units operating environment and the impact of those changes on the business units' financial results.
* Challenge BU Leaders to continually evaluate current business practices, ensuring that the business is making the right financial decisions, including developing a framework for evaluating BU initiatives financial impact and probability of success / failure. Ensure performance of company initiatives is continually evaluated, and learnings are applied to future initiatives.
* Evaluate and challenge current pricing and margins against market data. Ensure BU leaders have comprehensive understanding of profitability of products, and prioritize sales efforts accordingly.
* Develop comprehensive metrics to evaluate business unit performance and to drive the organization to success. Monitor and track performance against these metrics on a continual basis.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and develop talent enterprise wide to ensure the business unit has the right talent in the right roles to meet the business needs.
* Identify additional revenue generating and cost saving opportunities entity wide for the business and partner with key stakeholders to capitalize on opportunities.
* Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP and an ability to apply relevant guidance to business unit accounting results. Includes ability to evaluate new accounting guidance, scope impact to business unit, and develop and execute on an implementation plan to meet required deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to identify process inefficiencies and to collaborate with key stakeholders to define and implement process improvement opportunities, including increasing use of automation where possible.
* Develop, maintain and test a comprehensive business continuity plan. Ensure a plan is maintained that is proven to be successful.
Directly supervises one or more employees.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 10 years of experience or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* At least 5 years' experience in a management role in an accounting environment.
* Experience building SaaS subscription billing models
* Systems experience with CRM integration, Salesforce a plus; and Cloud ERP, Intacct a plus
* Advertising/Marketing Agency or Technology Company experience a plus.
* You have a strong accounting and a process driven track-record.
* You are entrepreneurial and able to multi-task.
* You always consider the big picture.
* You possess superior management skills; and are able to influence and engage direct report, indirect reports & peers.
* You are a strong communicator and have great presentation and negotiation skills. You know how to give good news, bad news, and listen.
* You not only love details, but also have strong analytical skills with the ability to establish, track, and analyze metrics.
* Unflappable team member known for the ability to embrace a challenge while keeping the presence of mind to have fun along the way.
* You are creative and have the ability to decipher complex problems and make swift decisions.
* You have strong technical skills and are comfortable with software and technology concepts.
* You are highly organized, yet comfortable, in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS*
CPA or CMA required
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled