Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Manager, Accounting under the leadership of the Director Family Accounting, will support the operations of the family businesses through general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Accounting Manager will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and develop the accountants in Family Accounting.
* Ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and timely within management expectations and company policy,
* Be responsible for the accounting for certain entities of the owner including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger.
* Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for the owner and its related entities:
* Provide support to associates conducting routine accounting functions including but not limited to, month end close, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations.
* Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately.
* Analyze, generate and process CCM entries needed to maintain balances.
* Maintain well-documented work papers for journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; dispose of reconciling items in a timely manner.
* As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries are recorded.
* Develop, review and ensure distribution of standard, recurring monthly, quarterly or annual financial reports to management.
* Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units.
* Develop action plans to address open tasks, requests, or projects and ensure execution of action plan.
* Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned. Quickly adapt to changing priorities. Manage and clearly communicate risks to meeting deadlines as new tasks and projects arise.
* Review internal controls; ensure that systems, processes, procedures, and policies protect company assets.
* Participate in the annual business planning process; provide information and assistance to business units, as requested.
* Comply with accounting, tax, and regulatory policies that affect owner and related entities.
* Prepare and review schedules to support tax preparation efforts.
* Coordinate gathering of AP data and process 1099's annually.
* Resolve customer issues quickly; strive to satisfy customers.
* Serve as point person for inquiries from the family.
* Make recommendations and implement process improvements.
* Other duties as assigned
This position will supervise one or more employees. Lead, motivate, reward, and develop the team. Set a good example and coach associates and teammates to improve their productivity and performance. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: The Accounting Manager will also supervise the preparation of the financial statements for the owners. The overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these associates. Interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, coordinating, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Sponsoring, directing, coordinating, and supporting project and process improvement teams, and participating in and/or supporting project teams sponsored by other management team members. Collaborates with co-workers and leaders to leverage knowledge and experience to improve processes, procedures, and the work environment in order to eliminate inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures.
Education and Experience requirements: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and 8 + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA is preferred. Family Office accounting experience is preferred.
* Business Acumen -- Knowledge of business operations and key factors impacting business successes.
* Process Orientation -- Understands process components and attributes. Identifies, prioritizes and implements process improvement opportunities.
* Customer Orientation -- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs, concerns and priorities.
* Confidentiality -- Understands the personal nature of transactions and maintains the highest level of confidentiality when conducting business internally and externally.
* Leadership -- Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes by building confidence based on a shared vision and the means to attain it.
* Technical Expertise -- Applies up-to-date knowledge and skills needed to do the job. Expertise in GAAP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Excel and other PC applications required in the job.
* Interpersonal Aptitude -- Maintains effective working relationships with others both within and outside of their team.
* Interpersonal Influence -- Uses interpersonal aptitude skills to build relationships beneficial in achieving work-related goals. Gains attention and respect of others.
* Commitment to Quality -- Provides products and services of the highest quality, sets quality standards.
* Achievement Orientation -- Sets high-performance standards, sets aggressive goals and is able to achieve them.
* Self-development -- Takes a pro-active role in developing and pursuing career goals.
* Company-wide Perspective -- Understands complementary, interdependent nature of work processes and defines one's work within this context.
* Business Insight -- Understands how new events will affect individuals and business processes.
* Facilitation of Others -- Leads both formal and informal meetings that maximize the group are potential to make decisions and generate solutions.
* Microsoft Office Application Set - Excel
* Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is a plus
* Standard financial accounting principles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States
"The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing"
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Adams Keegan Inc
MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
CONFERENCE DIRECT LLC