Clinical Program Director - Cardiac Cath Lab
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Are you a dynamic Leader with a passion for Cardiology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of something new? Look no further! Ascension St. Michael's Hospital is seeking a talented Clinical Program Director to establish a new Cardiac Cath Lab. This position is an incredible opportunity for the right person to help lead the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality patient care utilizing the latest technology and equipment.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Michael's Hospital, is a fully accredited acute-care facility, offering expert, personalized care for residents of the Stevens Point area. With more than 200 physicians, Ascension St. Michael's Hospital provides a comprehensive set of acute-care options, including both innovative and proven treatment plans. Our broad range of services include all major specialties, emergency medicine, urgent care, surgery, ICU/CCU, diagnostic radiology, rehabilitation, sports medicine, occupational and behavioral health, pathology, and sleep diagnostics.
- Front Lines: Registered Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, we pride ourselves in employing some of the best nurses in the healthcare industry.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Registered Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve. When it comes to professional development, we offer many continuing education opportunities.
What You Will Do
As the Clinical Program Director with Ascension St. Michael's you will have the opportunity to set up a brand new Cath Lab with slated future growth. You will:
- Develop departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Direct clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare and monitor budget(s) and ensure that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinate and direct internal and externally-driven audits.
- Coordinate patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality patient care through quality initiatives.
- Act as a liaison between other departments. Trouble shoots issues and problems which arise through daily operations.
What You Will Need
- Associates or Bachelors Degree required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 5 years of clinical experience required.
- Cardiology or Cath Lab experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement