Clinical Informatics Specialist
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Clinical Informatics Specialist - Full-Time, Days - 7063 St Clair Reg Hosp - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to analyze, manage and communicate health information through clinical information systems and applications.
- Conducts analysis of clinical and organizational needs. Identifies, designs and evaluates clinical information systems and applications. Recruits clinicians for work groups. Meets with clinicians for competency validation.
- Participates in the development of organizational policies and initiatives related to collecting, managing and communicating clinical information.
- Ensures information systems policies, procedures and technologies comply with applicable laws and regulations. Designs and delivers training materials to educate users about information technologies.
- Participates in EMR design, build, implementation and training for new providers or practices. Acts as an agent of change to help promote organization adoption of EMR and workflow to optimize patient safety and experience.
What You Will Need
- High School or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three years of technical experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)