Ophthalmic Technician | Midway Road
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Ophthalmic Technician | Midway Road Ophthalmology Menasha WI | Part Time Days | 24 Hours Weekly | Hours are generally 8am-5pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with the understanding flexibility may be needed for coverage.
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care and ophthalmic testing procedures as directed by an Ophthalmologist.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms.
- Obtains patient history, performs basic and routine vision screening examinations, administers eye medications and assists with minor office procedures.
- Reviews the appointment schedule, completes forms, and processes records.
- Cleans and maintains ophthalmic instruments.
- Maintains and stocks supplies as needed.
- May assist physician with medical or surgical procedures.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource to other staff members.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) credentialed from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of an Ophthalmic Assistant or Technician program preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience directly applicable to the primary work required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement