Nurse Manager- Operating Room
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Ascension
Nurse Manager - Operating Room We are hiring: Are you an experienced OR nurse with leadership experience looking for an amazing management opportunity?
IF so, join our wonderful perioperative services team at Saint Agnes Healthcare! #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: With 18 OR suites and 8k-9k cases a year you'll join a team of experienced nursing perioperative professionals in Maryland as part of Saint Agnes Healthcare's perioperative team. Our OR cares for patients undergoing bariatric, ortho, thoracic, plastic, neuro, and robotic procedures, and we are currently working on expanding our robotics programs in general and vascular.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
In your role as an OR Nurse Manager, you will have the support of 4 Clinical Unit Leads overseeing a staff of 90 RNs, techs, and processors. Saint Agnes prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Baltimore and we'd love to have you join us.
- In your role as an OR Nurse Manager you will provide leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff, along with the opportunity to develop, implement and evaluate program services and initiatives.
- In your leadership position you will hires, train, develop and evaluate staff, assigning tasks, prioritizing and coordinating work.
- As an OR Manager, you will coordinate daily staffing assignments and staffing levels and participates in direct delivery of care depending on patient acuity and/or census. Assume the charge nurse role at the start of the evening shift.
- In your position you will collaborate with others to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures.
- Leadership responsibilities include monitoring and adhering to budget (the largest by, approving or monitoring expenditures, purchasing, and other actions to insure compliance with budget guidelines.
- As a leader in your field you will ensure clinical operations and care delivery comply with recognized regulatory, quality, and safety guidelines for the department.
- Fulltime, 80 hours bi-weekly .
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What you will need:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential:
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Operating Room credentialed from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). CNOR certification preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Required: Five years of nursing experience in an O.R. (Operating Room) and three - five years of management experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Supplemental Health Care