Occupational Therapist - FT Day
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Ascension
Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: St Vincent's East
Department: Rehab Inpatient
Additional Job Details: Full Time, Days, 8am-5pm
What You Will Do
As an Occupational Therapist with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Registered Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Alabama Board of Occupational Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.
Ascension St. Vincent's Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Serving Birmingham for more than 118 years, we are a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)