Associate Cafe Attendant at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Delaware North
If the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" stay and focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences! Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team!
As a Café Attendant, you make the difference! Working within our newly updated Associate Café, you will be responsible for facilitating the food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; and supply the associate cafe with food. This is a full time position and offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
• Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
• Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
• Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
• Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
• Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
• Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
• Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
• Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
• Replenish supplies of food or equipment at steam tables or service bars.
• Wash glasses or other serving equipment at bars.
• Carry linens to or from laundry areas.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Certifications & Licenses: California Food Handlers Card
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - must be able to communicate with all staff members
• Sense of Smell
• Sense of Taste
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Any and all required by OSHA
• Sense of Balance
Must be able to withstand hot and cold conditions, long hours and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000+ feet.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.