Camp Host Intern at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Delaware North
If the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and upscale dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" stay and focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences! Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team where YOU make the difference!
The Camp Host Intern will provide exceptional service for our guests to contribute to a memorable experience from check-in to check-out. The Camp Host serves as a liaison for Cabin guests to coordinate all events, activities, dining and special requests, and to communicate this information to all appropriate departments and/or vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Coordinate special events or special projects as assigned.
• Have a thorough knowledge of all annual and seasonal rooming package options offered at Tenaya Lodge, as well as knowledge of all package components and amenities that are included with each package.
• Demonstrate knowledge of hotel room types, rates, packages, promotions, and other general knowledge necessary to perform daily duties.
• Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
• Learn and use Springer Miller property management system, SpaSoft, Microsoft Office programs, and HotSos.
• Successfully complete check in and check out process.
• Have a clear understanding of all operations and procedures that take place at the concierge desk including but not limited to: a) Booking (reserving) events and activities at Tenaya Lodge as well as with outside vendors; b) Creating guest itineraries and sending guest confirmations; c) Posting activity charges and issuing tickets for all events and activities for Tenaya as well as for outside vendors; d) Shift closing procedures.
• Ensure customer needs are met: provide directions, suggestions for restaurants, events, activities etc.. Provide information on the geographical area. Suggest site-seeing locations and arrange tours.
• Use creativity and quick thinking to accommodate unusual and rare guest requests.
• Visit Cabin communal areas to engage with guests and offer additional services such as: Yosemite Park information, directions, local history, flora/fauna, interpretive messaging, etc.
• Stock food and beverage items.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work. Previous experience and enthusiasm selling passionate people, authentic experiences and distinctively different service to others in a team oriented environment.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) plus current enrollment in college or recent graduate (Official College Transcripts and two Letters of Recommendation required)
Experience: Experience in Front Desk or Concierge preferred.
Prior experience in the hospitality industry or equivalent preferred.
Customer service background preferred.
Computer Skills: Some experience with property management systems preferred. Knowledge of Springer Miller (SMS) preferred. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to use the internet and do web searches. Knowledge of SpaSoft preferred.
Licenses: Must have a valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record.
Other Requirements: Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written.
Must be able to type proficiently.
Cash Handling background and skills preferred.
Friendly, cooperative manner and ability to handle challenging situations a must.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Acute attention to detail.
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Valid California Food Handler's permit or equivalent.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Being able to communicate with guests
• Sense of Taste
• Sense of Touch
• Sense of Balance
Fast paced office work environment in a 4 Diamond Resort. Weather conditions may include, but not limited to snow, rain, sleet, hail, wind, sun, shade, cool and warm. Due to the location of the property in the mountains, some sections may include traversing hills and/or slopes. Must be able to work at an altitude of 5,000+Elevation. Work environment will also include inside a climate-controlled building.
If you think this description fits you, and you are available from mid May through mid August, we can't wait to talk to you!
Please submit the following information with your application:
• A cover letter explaining your interest and relevant experience, career goals and reason for wanting to work at Tenaya Lodge
• College/University address and phone number and a copy of official transcript (s)
• Two letter of recommendation from field of study
• Must be 18 yrs or older to apply
• Hourly rate of $15.00 per hour
• Lodging in Fish Camp, CAWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.