Desert View Associate
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Delaware North
The Desert View location is about 30 minutes from the main part of the park where we operate the General Store, Trading Post, Deli and Ice Cream/Coffee Shop. The Desert View Area offers a quiet, serene atmosphere with the best view of the Canyon and River in the South Rim. We are located at the East Entrance and cater to tour groups and has a special Native American touch. If you like a personal life filled with silence, away from modern technology and the social scene, with time to enjoy simple pleasures like the star-filled sky and views of the canyon and Colorado river, then Desert View is the place for you.
The Opportunity Seeking experienced cashiers who excel at guest service and enjoy working in a fast paced working environment. The perfect candidate will have the ability to be flexible, pleasant and display a positive attitude with guests and co-workers while also being able to accurately ring up merchandise and product in an efficient manner. You will need to be comfortable approaching guests to offer service and sell products and also be a willing team member to help complete tasks like stocking, cleaning, food preperation, and coffee/ice cream prepartion. Working areas include the general store, trading post, deli, ice cream/coffee shop and service station.
- Counter service for patrons involving coffee, specialty coffee drinks, other beverage options, frozen beverages, ice cream and "grab and go" items.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for food preparation.
- Prepares specific food items and stations; sets up for anticipated business.
- Prepares food products according to Company standards and specifications
- Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions following proper sanitation guidelines
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Prepare orders per guests' requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to safely operate meat slicer, ovens, fryer, crock pot, and steamer.
- Maintains kitchen with minimal spillage and breakage.
- Maintains deli eating, stocking and cleaning as necessary
- Records all waste.
- Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
- Performs clean-up duties to maintain quality appearance of work area
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures
- Communicates with supervisor and/or manager any guest or product issues
- Washes Dishes
- Order taking - guest interactions included
- Greets and acknowledges guests
- Answers guests' questions and assists them whenever possible
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
- Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
- Must adhere to the GuestPath Operational standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with set up and break down of GuestPath luncheons and dinners
- Washes dishes and prepares food as needed
- Assists receiving clerk when needed
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required
- Prior cash handling experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware)
- Ability to work under general direction from supervisor and/or manager and follow instructions
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately count change and balance bank
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to sell assigned items.
- Attention to detail
- Standing and/or walking for entire length of shift
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders/items
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending and squatting
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
- Prep area and store environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may work in a hot and/or damp environment
- May be required to work in confined space
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, slipping and tripping.
- May frequently immerse hands in water.
RV sites available for WorkCampers! Contact Joe Rabon at , x21 for more information!
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.