Concession Supervisor at Nationwide Arena
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Delaware North
The Delaware North Sportservice operation at Nationwide Arena - home to the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets -- includes six private party towers, clubs, suites, concessions and premium dining areas.
But it's not just the fans who benefit from the arena's food experience; Delaware North's executive chef-led culinary team at Nationwide Arena offers a lesson in healthy cooking to Blue Jackets prospects during summer developmental camp.
In addition, Delaware North operates retail services for the team at Nationwide Arena, including the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line team store.
Oversees operation of assigned concessions outlets, supervises concessions associates and non-profit volunteers (if applicable), in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
This is a part time position for hockey games and special events and concerts at the Arena.Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates activities of concession associates on a per shift basis, including scheduling, training, counseling and enforcing work procedures and service standards
- Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of stand attendants, stand leaders, and assists with stand personnel performance.
- Inspects all stands and portables in the assigned area.
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Ensures all stands, portable carts and surrounding areas remain clean, sanitized, and safe
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management.
- Cashes out associates following cash handling procedures; investigates "over and shorts" with stand leaders and volunteer groups.
- Estimates, requests, and inspects supplies and inventory.
- Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
- Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience in foodservice position required; previous experience as a stand attendant or stand manager preferred.
- Previous cash handling/cashier experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Knowledgeable in the operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.