Functional Lead - SAP Transportation Management (TM)
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by ACCO Brands
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a talented individual to join the Information Technology team as a Functional Lead-SAP Transportation Management (TM) at the Lake Zurich, IL headquarters.
The person hired for the position of SAP TM Technical Lead will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of transportation management software throughout the enterprise. Guided by domain knowledge and expertise, the TM Technical Lead will work with cross-functional teams to successfully deploy the SAP Transportation Management module including Labor Management, Slotting and Yard Management.
The TM Technical Lead will use proven project management and methodologies to lead the TM deployment team and communicate with key stakeholders; exerci se independent judgment and discretion, coupled with extensive experience in both domestic and international transportation activities and regulatory requirements (e.g. dangerous goods, event management, export integration).
The ideal candidate will help ensure the success of the Business Transformation (BT) initiative; will demonstrate exceptional SAP Transportation Management design capability; analyze transportation processes and make recommendations; lead program implementation to drive awareness and strengthen the organization.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, create, and document SAP TM applications and functionality in support of Logistics Execution functions in all businesses and subsidiaries. This includes full lifecycle deliverables from Blueprinting to Deployment.
- Review all deliverables throughout the project lifecycle to ensure completeness, consistency, quality and requirement traceability.
- Mentor peers in TM and SAP functionality to ensure a stronger, more capable team to support global transportation requirements.
- Oversee team member work deliverables to ensure quality expectations are met..
- Responsible for meeting project deliverables and exit criteria on schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience with transportation management and/or supply chain business processes.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with SAP Transportation Management (TM) solutions.
- Ability to work across a highly matrixed organization to accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to identify, focus, and own high priority tasks to manage delivery to project timelines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, proven track record of strong project coordination/management success..
- Demonstrates ability to manage, lead and coordinate all deployment activities including fit/gap analysis, build, test, system cutover and hypercare support.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and deliver results in a high pressure, high profile environment.
- Experience managing large teams across various geographies.
- Experience with Six Sigma is a plus.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at .
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.