Manager, SAP Applications
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by ACCO Brands
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a talented individual to join the Information Technology team as a
Manager, SAP Applications at the Lake Zurich, IL headquarters. This position will report to Director, SAP Applications and its primary responsibility and accountability is to manage the ACCO Brands applications technology and development for SAP and applications integrated with the SAP platform functions. Working with our current platforms (SAP), this individual will infuse contemporary thinking and leadership into the organization to drive project delivery. S/he will work closely with the business to define fast, agile, and forward-thinking solutions to drive consistency and streamline processes. The successful candidate must have further growth potential as an IT leader in large scale business and technology transformations.
- Manage technical components related to SAP and all its integrated components.
- Accountable for overseeing, managing and delivering SAP technical components.
- Manage and provide guidance to project resources, including 3 rd party partner consulting resources, onsite and offshore.
- Provide coaching and mentoring as a cornerstone of career development for all direct reports, facilitating the talent management processes that result in building a talented team.
- Accountable to plan, manage and deliver scope, capacity, budget & deliverables for technical components of projects.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations -functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Provide SAP technical direction to facilitate the adoption of an optimized technology stack and the management, maintenance and support of technical portions of applications.
- Complete the planned execution of the SAP solutions technical roadmap and ongoing support, maintenance and enhancements.
- Work closely with other IT team members to provide support in the areas of SAP ABAP Development, SAP Basis, SAP Middleware Components, EDI, Reporting, Security, and integrations with other applications.
- Provide industry best practice knowledge for SAP technology processes and best practices.
- Facilitate interfacing between IT functions and the business functions and sites related to technology solutions and processes.
- Manage EDI business process owners and act as interface between the business and IT to ensure prioritized initiatives are delivered.
- Strong corporate background with similar organization, high proficiency in project and program management as well as IT transformation.
- Deep SAP technical background and process understanding.
- Enhance skills criteria by roles, develop & hire top technical talent and build applications development team related to SAP solutions for NA.
- Manage applications technology and development COE for ACCO IT.
- Meet frequently with business and IT partners for periodic development strategy discussions and re-planning; provide status updates and manage issues.
- Conduct project tracking and management meetings for technology projects including tracking, managing and approving project specific hours and expenses.
- Enable delivery of projects, enhancements and discretionary project work
- Serve as an SME in routinely briefing key stakeholders on key aspects of integrated design for approved and ongoing initiatives
- Ensure regulatory and quality assurance standards set forth by regulatory agencies, change management, PMO, SDLC, SOX controls and SLAs are adhered to.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent in information security related technical training and experience.
- Demonstration of strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to stakeholders with varying levels of technical capabilities.
- 10 years' experience in SAP solutions including SAP Basis, SAP Development and EDI.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing an IT team or projects in technology area with responsibility for interfacing with IT and business at the management level.
- Extensive project implementation and support experience in SAP technology areas of Basis, Development, EDI and IT components integrated with SAP is a must.
- Experience with SAP systems upgrades is a must.
- Experience with SAP Solution Manager is a must.
- Experience in managing Managed Service Providers in areas such as EDI, support is a plus.
- Experience in new generation technologies such as SAP Fiori / SAP Personas is a plus.
- Hands on experience in one or more of the technology components is a plus.
- Experience with running technology components in a Cloud data center is a plus.
- Experience in managing teams at Manager level in SAP technical area.
- Strong IT project and operations experience with exposure to IT/business strategy, process improvements, applications delivery and support.
- Knowledge of emerging SAP technologies is a plus.
- Modern team player who leads by example. Active driver of change with can do attitude.
- Active engagement of all relevant stakeholders, communication skills for all hierarchy levels, can talk business and can talk IT.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at .
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.