Associate Brand Manager - Derwent Brand
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by ACCO Brands
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
We are currently looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to join our team in Kettering, OH. This Associate Marketing Manager will assist in the execution of the US Derwent marketing plan to drive incremental profitable sales in USA. They will focus on increasing Derwent brand awareness with target consumers and provide market and consumer insights to assist with new product development and communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with ACCO colleagues and the North American distributor to develop marketing initiatives to grow brand awareness amongst our target consumer segments within the region.
- Assist in developing retailer and e-tailer specific initiatives to drive sell through on and off line with ROI analysis.
- Assist with production of selling tools and providing sales and marketing information to internal and external customers.
- Assist with the GTM launch plans working closely with the global marketing team in the UK.
- Carry out in-store and online market audits, including pricing, to feed into strategic planning and pricing processes.
- Track and assist in the development of the regional pricing strategy including street pricing from a US consumer perspective (MSRP).
- Collaborate with the New Product Development team in the UK to develop market and/or customer specific products. Coordinate item set up process in US systems.
- Assist with management of Derwent product line in US - item set up, discontinuations, packaging artwork, promo bundles etc.
- Collaborate with the global Derwent Marketing team to develop research to drive market and consumer insight to leverage competitive advantage to drive incremental sales.
- Carry out market analytics and POS reporting to identify and report back key trends and insights.
- Conduct competitor analysis and feedback to business.
- Monitor and report any quality issues and consumer feedback in relation to product reviews. Resolve where possible.
- Attend trade shows and events as required to support activity.
- Lead local Ad hoc projects where required.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager in the UK to develop and execute localized content for Derwent social channels in the USA and then syndicate to key retail partners.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager in the UK to develop and execute relevant content for the DerwentART.com site.
- Collaborate with Amazon USA team to activate promotions, new product content and up to date pricing on Amazon USA.
- Assist the Derwent US Sales and Marketing Director and US Marketing Manager in:
- Developing planograms, trade presentations and other trade marketing support.
- Activating the marketing components of customer joint account plans.
- Assisting in the development of a Brand Ambassador program for the USA.
- Tracking competitor activity and report actionable insights.
- Bachelor's degree required in a related discipline (marketing, business management, communications, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working in consumer and/or trade marketing
- Strong commercial knowledge and aptitude
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good organisation and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, with strong presentation skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Detailed and results orientated
- An individual with a high degree of self-motivation with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player
- Flexibility to travel within in the USA as required
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at .
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.