Emergency Services Technician EMT
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
Account: University of Colorado Health
Facility: Memorial North, Colorado Springs CO
Department: Emergency Dept North ()
* Full-time - Sun-Sat
* 3rd Shift - Nights
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Provides emergent/urgent patient care under the direction of a physician, physician assistant, and/or registered nurse.
* Performs technical procedures as delegated, including establishing IV access, collecting specimens, providing wound care, and transporting patients. May perform ECGs and vital statistics/telemetry monitoring.
* Assists physicians and nurses with performing medical procedures, including examinations, minor surgical interventions, orthopedic treatment, and resuscitation.
* Reports abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to medical/nursing staff.
* Assists with patient flow and keeping patient rooms clean, stocked, and orderly.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Current State Licensure as an EMT-B with IV certification, or EMTI.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
1+ years of recent EMT experience STRONGLY preferred.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.