Cardiac Sonography Technologist - Echocardiography
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiacstructuresand hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standardsof practiceand with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* UCHealth is an academic medical center/teaching hospital thatisaccredited through IAC.
* Opportunities to learn new procedures and participate inpatient'splan of care.
* UCHealth seeks candidates who desire the opportunity toworkat the top of your license with highly skilled professionals.
* Excellent opportunity to utilize state-of-the-artequipment.
* Work/Life: Set schedules, no swing shifts, Call is1:6. Competitive benefits including 403b match, pension plan, excellentassortment ofaffordable health coverage plans to meet your needs.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in somethingdifferent: a focus on theindividuality of every person. In big ways and small,we exist to improve theextraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and mostinnovative health care system, we as a teamdeliver on the commitment to providethe best possible experience for ourpatients and their families. We foster atrue human connection and give peoplethe freedom to live extraordinary lives. Acareer at UCHealth is more than ajob, it's a passion.
* Review patient history and physician's orders
* Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and examtoensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* When ordered, prepare and administer contrast mediaand/ormedications within scope of practice.
* Monitor patient condition continually and reports changesinstatus as appropriate.
* Prepare equipment and supplies.
* Select appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
* Implement safety standards and perform appropriate qualitycontrolprocedures on equipment.
* Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or report equipment malfunctionsasnecessary.
* Perform echocardiography procedures on patients; selectandutilize various transducers according to anatomy; differentiates normalandabnormal structures and directs the exam appropriately; assures thatsufficientinformation has been acquired to provide diagnosis.
* Analyze results and identify issues with the quality ofimagingresults
* Enter, transmit and report scan results.
* Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist orDiagnosticMedical Sonographer program. Minimum of 2 years of experienceSTRONGLYpreferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the AmericanRegistry forDiagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered CardiacSonographer (RCS)by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the AmericanRedCross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before startdate. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. Alllife supportcertification cards must be issued by either the American HeartAssociation orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (AmericanRed Cross forthe Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewalswill need to bethrough an American Heart Association sanctioned course.).
Going beyond qualityrequires the perfect balance of talent,integrity, drive and intellectualcuriosity. We are looking for individuals whorecognize, like us, that theworld of medicine is ever-changing and are motivatedto do what is right, notwhat is easy. Wesupport creativity andcuriosity so that each of us can find the extraordinaryqualities withinourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to makesure you growand have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potentialhere.
BeExtraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes andappreciates the rich array of talentsand perspectives that equal employmentand diversity can offer ourinstitution. As an affirmative action/equalopportunity employer, UCHealth iscommitted to making all employment decisionsbased on valid requirements. No applicantshall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges ofemployment or otherwise bediscriminated against because of the individual'srace, creed, color, religion,gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental orphysical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status,genetic information orveteran status. UCHealthdoes not discriminateagainst any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined underthe Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodationswhen they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.