Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMT) CV LAB
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
PRNNUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST WILL HELP COVER THE HARMONY CAMPUS, MEDICAL CENTEROF THE ROCKIES, AND LONG'S PEAK HOSPITAL .
JOBSHARING WITH LPH TO PROVIDE VACATION TIME AS WELL.
Performsnuclear medicine imaging and therapy in accordance with applicable scope andstandards of practice and with the policies, values and mission of theorganization.
Providesdirect patient care, in a medical/physician office setting, using the nursingprocess in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and withthe policies, values, and mission of the organization
AtUCHealth, we do things differently
Webelieve in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. Inbig ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those weserve. As Colorado's largest and mostinnovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to providethe best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster atrue human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. Acareer at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
* Reviewspatient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures,equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding andcooperation.
* Orders,prepares, administers, stores and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according toestablished protocols and applicableregulations/standards.
* Monitorspatient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status asappropriate. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposurefactors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performsappropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves,and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. Positions patient andperforms imaging procedure(s).
* Analyzesresults and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takesappropriate action to resolve image. quality issues, including repositioningpatient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scanresults.
* Graduate of anaccredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist program.
* Certified as a NuclearMedicine Technologist (CNMT) by the Nuclear Medicine Technology CertificationBoard (NMTCB) or certified as a Technologist (RT) and certified in nuclearmedicine (NM) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
* BLSthrough the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for theProfessional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixtydays of hire. All life supportcertification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross forthe Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to bethrough an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Dueto Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copyof highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would berequired to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with yourresume in one document.
Goingbeyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive andintellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us,that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what isright, not what is easy. We supportcreativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualitieswithin ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure yougrow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potentialhere.
BeExtraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealthrecognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equalemployment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunityemployer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based onvalid requirements. No applicant shallbe discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment orotherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed,color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physicaldisability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, geneticinformation or veteran status. UCHealthdoes not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on theorganization.