Cardiac Sonography Technologist - CV Stress Lab
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by UCHealth
Performsdiagnostic procedures to assess cardiac, vascular and hemodynamics in accordancewith applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values,and mission of the organization.
Thisposition may require 24/7 call.
* Opportunities to learn new procedures and participate in patient's planof care.
* UCHealthseeks candidates who desire the opportunity to work at the top of your licensewith highly skilled professionals.
* Excellentopportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment.
* Competitive benefits including 403b match,pension plan, excellent assortment of affordable health coverage plans to meetyour needs
At UCHealth, we do thingsdifferently
We believe insomething different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big waysand small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those weserve. As Colorado's largest and mostinnovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to providethe best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster atrue human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. Acareer at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
UCHealth's Purpose is to Give people thefreedom to live extraordinary lives
* Review patient history and physician'sorders
* Educates patient regarding procedures,equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* When ordered, prepare and administer contrastmedia and/or medications within scope of practice.
* Monitor patient condition continually andreports changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepare equipment and supplies.
* Select appropriate exposure factors andimaging parameters.
* Implement safety standards and performappropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
* Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or report equipmentmalfunctions as necessary.
* Perform echocardiography procedures onpatients; select and utilize various transducers according to anatomy;differentiates normal and abnormal structures and directs the examappropriately; assures that sufficient information has been acquired to providediagnosis.
* Analyze results and identify issues with thequality of imaging results
* Enter, transmit and report scan results.
* Graduate of an accredited UltrasoundTechnologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience STRONGLYpreferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by theAmerican Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or RegisteredCardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
* BLS through the American Heart Association orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand beforestart date. BLS or CPR card must be goodthrough sixty days of hire. All lifesupport certification cards must be issued by either the American HeartAssociation or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer.(American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and allrenewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctionedcourse.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfectbalance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are lookingfor individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so thateach of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningfulcareer. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the richarray of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offerour institution. As an affirmativeaction/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making allemployment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise bediscriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion,gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteranstatus. UCHealth does not discriminateagainst any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under theAmericans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, whenthey do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.