Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer (AWS/SQL Server)
Exciting opportunity to work for an industry leader and work on developing the next generation of innovative products.
You will help drive the development our new data warehouse on AWS and SQL Server in our transformation to the cloud.
Duties include: design and implement a cloud data platform, gather requirements from the business, develop Business Intelligence solutions to meet the needs of the business, lead development on all aspects of data engineering (data modelling, ETL, and reporting), migrate data from various sources to a AWS data warehouse, create a AWS S3 data lake as primary repository for unstructured data across a variety of systems, testing and tuning of queries and big data applications, documentation (architecture, table design, deployment topologies), and assist with some DBA responsibilities.
This is a direct hire position based in Sandy Springs. Excellent company culture and benefits including tuition reimbursement, 401k, stock purchase program, bonus program, next to a MARTA station, and flexible hours.
- 8+ years of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- 1+ years of data architecture experience
- Strong Data Engineering experience
- AWS cloud services including S3, EC2, Arora, and RDS
- BI tools (highly prefer AWS QuickSight)
- Data Modeling
- Very strong SQL
- 2+ years of SQL Server
- Basic DBA duties (including instance monitoring, redundancy, recovery, index analysis, and performance tuning)
- Windows server administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative personality
- AWS QuickSilver
- .NET and C#
- Apache Spark
- Bash Scripting