Certified Nursing Assistant, Med Surg Unit 3, Saint Joseph Hospital, E
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding patient safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. One year of experience preferred.
Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hosp Elgin
Department Name: Med Surg Unit 3 PSJH
Job Function: Support Services
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Clinic, EMR, CNA, Healthcare
Associated topics: bsn, care, care unit, infusion, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, surgery, surgical, unit
ADEX Medical Staffing