Engineer 1, Systems (Linux)
Posted on Mar 11, 2019 by Technology Partners
Our client is currently seeking a talented person for an Engineer 1, Systems (Linux) position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for developing, modifying and implementing elements of technology to solve business problems. As an Engineer 1, you will also have the opportunity to assist in the design. You will work with a team to test, research and investigate technology and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards. As a Linux Systems Engineer 1, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting complex components of the Linux Red Hat (RHEL) systems infrastructure. You will assist with the support of existing and new Linux and open-source technologies. Help support the design and architecture of new solutions in both physical and cloud-based environments.
What We Are Looking For:
- ***********C2C not allowed***********
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 1+ years of system management experience on Red Hat or CentOS Linux
- 1+ years of experience automating and orchestrating common Linux administrative tasks
- 1+ years of Linux shell scripting experience
- 1+ years of Python programming experience
- Experience with security compliance, remediation, and reporting as well as security monitoring tools and patch automation strategies and techniques
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong sense of ownership for problem life-cycle and resolution
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience working with Apache or Tomcat
- Experience with Rundeck, Ansible, and Artifactory
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite system management
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with VMware or KVM virtualization technologies
- Experience with Container Platform
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net .
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task