Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Delta Constructors
Category: Craft - Pipe Welders
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular
Essential Job Functions:
- Interprets isometric drawings and determines which specifications to apply.
- Operates hand and power tools common to welding such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc
- Hold, clamp heat-bend, tack-weld or bolt component parts
- Welds using stainless steel, carbon steel and duplex materials
- Maintains machines and inspects equipment to identify possible problems
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid and current Driver License with clean driving record
- Ability to Pass ASME B31.3 - GTAW / SMAW 2' SCH 160 6G Pipe Test
Required Training & Certificates:
- North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC), required
- Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
- Employment conditional completing and passing ASME B31.3 - GTAW / SMAW 2' SCH 160 6G Pipe Test
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of industrial construction and characteristics of all equipment functions and operations related to the position
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment such as welding machine and associated power tools
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and maintain positive attitude in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
- Ability to perform all work in a safe manner that meets company and client standards
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment and conditions
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion. Work is done inside and outside in a fab shop and at a client facility or job site that may have inclement weather conditions. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The employee must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of the State of Alaska.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.