Technical Operations Analyst - New York
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by XR Trading
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with three offices in Chicago, London, and New York City, seeks to add a Technical Operations Analyst to join our growing New York office. Successful applicants for this position will be working closely with Engineers, Traders and Quantitative Developers to maintain, enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure. They must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment. This position will be located in our New York office.
Our management philosophy encourages creativity and independent thinking while balancing teamwork and cooperation. Members of our teams are provided cutting-edge technology for competing in this challenging trading environment. Rewards are based on merit and productivity. Management is approachable and available for direction and/or support.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year university
- Degree Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or related field
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher)
- Enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues, spanning from the trading desk, internal and exchange infrastructure and back-office
- Own technical issues when they arise, either seeing them through to completion or handing off to the proper escalation/support path
- Build and enhance operational dashboard, comprising of all critical and non-critical path datasets; effectively interpret existing data and create new metadata to identify inefficiencies of the entire trading lifecycle
- Build and maintain scripted toolset to enhance areas of data analytics, application configuration/deployment, data consolidation and all other areas that could exploit automation where not already implemented
- Manage and enhance change management system for software and infrastructure deployments
- Coordinate across three geographic regions that include Asia, Europe, and the United States
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with a passion for solving complex problems
- Proficient in Linux/Unix
- Financial domain knowledge
- Skilled in an object-oriented scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- An understanding of TCP/IP and multicast
- Familiar with SQL or similar relational database systems
Please note only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.
Thank you for your interest in XR Trading.
New York City, United States
Revantage Corporate Services