Assistant Residential Supervisor
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
Under the direction of the Residential Supervisor, provides care rehabilitation training, support and supervision for the development and / or enhancement of community living skills to residents. Provide leadership, supervision, and training related to medication supervision, policy, systems and standards. Acts as Program site Supervisor in the absence of the Residential Supervisor.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Respects and maintains resident's rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward all residents, staff, guests and service providers.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following rehabilitative services; Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services and Symptom Management.
- Ensure that each resident on his or her caseload receives comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), ongoing recovery oriented services and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Observe, monitor, document and report resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Assist Residents in the preparation of nutritious meals, including food preparation when needed.
- Assist in planning, implementation and support of recreational activities.
- Provide safe transporting of resident when needed.
- Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
- Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with agency policies.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence.
- Perform medication coordinator roles and provide leadership, supervision and training related to medication supervision, policy, systems and standards.
- Supervise the program in the absence of the Residential Supervisor, including supervision of resident care, staff, and physical plant.
- Assist with the interviewing process and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and work as a member of the residential team for each resident. Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings, continued stay reviews, and any other relevant meetings.
- Assist the manager with maintaining a positive relationship with the community, outside service providers, and family members in an effort to foster community involvement and participation.
- Share in on-call responsibilities of the program as designated by the Residential Supervisor.
Education / Experience : Preferably a Bachelor's degree in Human Services and at least one year related experience or a combination of education and experience that meets QMHS status as defined by The Office of Mental Health (OMH).
Other : Driving record that meets agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.