Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
The Bookkeeper will perform day-to-day finance department functions.
*Work week; Monday-Friday (8 hours per day between 7:00am - 6:00pm). Overtime as required.
- Respond to requests of information from internal and external sources as needed.
- Prepare monthly reoccurring journal entries for review and approval with all necessary back-up.
- Review PCARD charges each month and follow up with card holders on issues.
- Complete all contract renewal paperwork and support for review and approval (Compiling spreadsheets and other required Contract Budget support for OMH and OASAS contracts as well as other County reporting requirements (forecasts, etc.)
- Assist accountant in GL reconciliations and follow up of issues identified.
- Assist in distribution of monthly financial statements and support to internal and external sources.
- Follow up on Gift Card sign off logs when sites purchase gift cards.
- Set up of Budget Templates, CFR Workpapers and other spreadsheets as needed.
- Perform data entry as requested, including;
*entering budget information on an annual basis
*entering Consolidated Fiscal Report, Consolidated Budget Report data and preparing needed backup
- Review of Cash deposit entries and support and posting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education : High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of bookkeeping experience. Associate's degree in accounting is preferred.
Experience : Knowledge of Excel and excellent organizational skills a must. Knowledge of Great Plains preferred.