Administrator DACC NC
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
The Administrator will have the day-to-day authority for the adult care home for which they have charge, in collaboration with the Vice President and President of DePaul or their designees. They will be primarily responsible for ensuring the safe, effective and efficient operation of the facility including quality resident care, business operations and physical plant.
RESPONSIBILITIES - The areas of responsibility will include but are not necessarily limited to:
1. Establishes and directs overall operation of the adult care home.
2. Ensures that department heads are oriented, knowledgeable in their position descriptions
and responsibilities, and fulfilling the requirements of their duties.
3. Ensures that all new employee orientation and required continuing education is organized
in a timely and effective manner.
4. Maintains stock level of supplies and ensures all equipment is adequate and in good
5. Makes administrative rounds daily to monitor resident care, activities, dietary services, and
6. Maintains staffing requirements according to NC rules and regulations and within agency
7. Responsible for hiring of all employees within the facility in collaboration with department
heads. Responsible for employee disciplinary process, when applicable, in collaboration
with VP and / or Human Resources up to and including termination of employment. This
will also include responsibility for the supervision and subsequent evaluation of employee
work performance per agency guidelines.
8. Fosters an environment for all staff, residents and visitors that enables open, effective
communication for the purpose of efficient problem identification and resolution.
9. Oversees all council and family meetings required at the facility.
10. Will actively participate in community events and networking to promote the facility.
11. Will act as lead person in all marketing efforts and admission procedures to assure that bed
utilization is maximized. This will involve actively marketing to primary and secondary
referral sources by visiting and meeting with individuals that refer on a regular basis in
addition to developing new referral sources.
12. Fosters positive working relationships with regulatory agencies, Community Advisory Board
and the Ombudsman.
13. Establishes linkages for all medical / psychiatric support services. Assists residents when
applicable in making application for income entitlements and public benefits.
14. As directed by supervisor will periodically provide departmental audits to ensure compliance
with state regulations and internal policy and procedure.
15. Oversees the facility budget including approval for all expenditures and assuring that
resident rents are current.
16. Responsible for resident spending and petty cash funds. This includes assuring that all
funds are accounted for utilizing agency-approved guidelines and procedures.
17. Assures that facility physical plant is in good repair at all times and meets all requirements
as set forth by state regulations and internal guidelines. Obtains bids and proposals for
administrative review of capital improvements.
18. Organizes, approves and submits reports in a timely manner as required by the supervisor
and/or administrative office.
19. Aides and encourages residents to maintain family and community ties and helps them to
develop new supports and interests.
20. Assures HIPAA compliance within the facility.
21. Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to assure the safe, effective
functioning of the residence.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and staff in English.
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and to bodily support up to 100 pounds with
4. Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency systems and verbal needs
expressed by residents.
5. Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist residents.
6. Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
7. Ability to use equipment competently.
8. Ability to respond to emergencies, i.e. resident choking, evacuation of residents and
visitors in the event of fire.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Unless grand-fathered under NC General Statue must have documentation in the form of a
transcript showing completion of at least 2 years of college coursework (60 semester hours
or 96 quarter hours); or 1 year of college coursework (30 semester hours or 48 quarter
hours) and proof of at least 2 years of supervisory experience in a licensed adult care
home, nursing home, or other health or residential care setting within the last 5 years.
3. Well developed organizational skills.
4. Experience managing budgets and financial operations.
5. Ability to work effectively with inspectors, monitoring and licensing agencies.
6. Must earn 15 hours per year continuing education credits related to management of adult
7. Must have the required references and criminal record check.
8. Must have a clean NC driver's license that meets agency's clean driving record policy.