Accounts Receivable Specialist
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Siskin Enterprises Inc.
PermaPlate is a family owned company based in Salt Lake City that has a 37 year history of superior customer service and quality products. We have experienced explosive growth recently and are in the process of adding to our team of outstanding individuals. We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Invoicing Clerk to join our team. This individual will be primarily responsible for the timely processing of invoices, credit memos, and monthly statements on customer accounts; as well as some light commercial collections. This will be a 40-hour/week full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual ideally suited for this role will be results-oriented with strong computer skills. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices, credit memos, and monthly statements on customer accounts
- Research and application of un-allocated payments
- Maintaining telephone and email contact with internal and external customers on receivable matters
- Developing and maintaining Microsoft Excel spreadsheets as directed
- Operate office equipment including personal computer, copiers, scanners, fax machines and 10-key calculators
- Working with team to achieve department goals and meet financial close deadlines
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of six to twelve months of accounting or related experience and/or training; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Manage competing demands and perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently; anticipating work needs and following through with minimal direction
- Accurately type 60+ WPM, and efficiently 10-Key
- Basic computer skills and word processing; must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish department objectives
- Entry-level accounting skills; understanding of debits and credits
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), with excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills
- Follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and customers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers; as well as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Customer service experience is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.. Requirements: