Technical Operations Analyst - Chicago - Asia Shift
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by XR Trading
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, and New York City, seeks to add a Technical Operations Analyst to join its highly experienced engineering team. Successful applicants for this position will be working closely with engineers, traders and quantitative developers to maintain, enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure. They must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment. This position will be located in our Chicago office. Candidate must be able to work either 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm OR 4:00 pm - 12:00 am.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year university
- Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
- Enhance, support and monitor all aspects of the trading infrastructure
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues, spanning from the trading desk, internal and exchange infrastructure and back-office
- Own technical issues when they arise, either seeing them through to completion or handing off to the proper escalation/support path
- Build and enhance operational dashboard, comprising of all critical and non-critical path datasets; effectively interpret existing data and create new metadata to identify inefficiencies of the entire trading lifecycle
- Build and maintain scripted toolset to enhance areas of data analytics, application configuration/deployment, data consolidation and all other areas that could exploit automation where not already implemented
- Manage and enhance change management system for software and infrastructure deployments
- Coordinate across three geographic regions that include Asia, Europe, and the United States
- Exceptional communication skills
- A self-motivated personality with a passion for solving complex problems
- Proficient in Windows and Linux/Unix
- Financial domain knowledge
- Proficient in an object-oriented scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- An understanding of TCP/IP and multicast
- Familiar with SQL or similar relational database system
Please note only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.
Thank you for your interest in XR Trading.
Chicago, Illinois, United States